Thursday 21 July 2016

Twinset diving for the first time

By Wes Clayton PADI MSDT

After single tank recreational diving for the past 10 years, I thought it was time to take the plunge into twinset, and where better to do it that at Dive-In Larnaca?
After setting up my equipment the night before I was ready to go on the day.
Sitting on the boat with a bit of anxiety I made the necessary checks and rolled in. Doing a bubble check at 6m Chris and I were ready to go.
First impression of the twinset was that the maneuverability was very different and will take some getting used to but it was fun to practice swimming through some of the archways and windows in the wreck with a different profile.
The ascent also posed a new challenge doing a swap to the stage then using the wing to do a gradual free ascent in the blue to improve my buoyancy in the new rig.
Back on shore I had a debrief with Chris who gave me lots of positive feedback and said my trim was good for the first time on twins.
All in all it was a great experience and I am now looking forward to starting my first Technical course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.